Tuesday 17 November 2015

Dairy free, gluten free, fat free, guilt free waffles!

We have known since Hector was little that he was dairy intolerant like his elder brother Charlie. I am hopeful that this is just a digestive immaturity like Charlie had so until one years of age we will be avoiding dairy.

We are doing a mix of homemade, pouches and finger food this time around and breakfasts can be notoriously challenging in our house due to the fact that I have Surrey's fussiest eater on my hands. For breakfast Charlie will usually only eat two Weetabix and to stay I struggle to get vegetables and fruit down him is an understatement. I am determined not to have this problem with Hector.

One thing I know that Charlie loves is waffles. Carb filled waffles and pancakes. Well, I like to have one up on my children without them knowing and one way I achieve this by hiding fruit and vegetables into food they love.

One recipe which he loves and Hector also loves are my dairy free, gluten free, fat free, guilt free pancakes!

What you'll need.....

2 x bananas
2 x large eggs
Pinch of cinnamon

How to make them....

- Place all your ingredients into a blender or mixer. I am using and loving the Beaba Babycook Duo and with its double steamers I can make these on one side whilst preparing tea for tomorrow on the other side. Give it all a good blitz until smooth.

- Turn on your waffle maker or heat up your griddle pan. I use a low cal spray but you can use butter should you not need to make it dairy free.

- Plop a large dollop of the mix onto the waffle maker and follow the instructions. On mine I simply shut the lid and wait till they are cooked.

These are perfect for dipping in yoghurt, sprinkled with sugar or just with good old fashioned golden syrup!



Enjoy!

This Surrey Mummy
x



SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig