Monday 2 November 2015

Snoozing like a baby....

As a parent sleep has to be up there as one of the main drawbacks of being a parent, or rather lack of it!

Love this quote and the design of this print from Etsy

We struggled for three years with Charlie due to health problems but the one thing that we are very lucky to still have is the lunchtime nap. He's three and a half years old now and he's at school five full days a week so by the weekend it's not uncommon for him to get an hour to two hours nap during that time.

Second time around we were determined as parents to have a good routine with Hector. We followed Gina Ford's ("wtf" I hear you say, but seriously I LOVE this woman) routine from week two, and although it is more militant than the SAS in terms of feed times and sleep times we had a baby sleeping through from eight weeks (with the exception of every parents nightmare that is the four month sleep regression that thankfully only lasted three weeks!).

It's very difficult as at times my boring daily routine of being "allowed" out of the house between 9.45am - 11.50am and 2.30pm - 4.30pm does regularly get in the way of me having a normal life and doing normal things like going to the shops, the school run etc etc.

However, three years ago I came across a product by a local company called Snooze Shade who are just down the road in Walton Upon Thames. Back then there was only a limited number of products available to buy but I opted for the Original Snooze Shade priced at £19.99. This product was hopefully going to solve my issues of being allowed out of the house during the lunchtime nap whilst ensuring that I was still able to effectively "stay on track".




This ingenious little product was the best £19.99 I had spent.

Three years later I was delighted when I was asked to join Cara Sayer (founder of Snooze Shade) for a cuppa with my gorgeous baby blogger friends Emily from Blog Me Beautiful and Victoria from That's My Baby Blog to discuss where the business has gone since she launched.

Over numerous cuppas, biscuits and swapping parenting tips I mentioned that we were due to go on holiday soon but that I was nervous that the house we were staying at didn't have any black out blinds and that my precious baby sleep schedule was going to go down the swanny!

"Do you have a travel cot?" she asked.

"Yes" I replied.

"Well I have just the solution for you" as she handed me a Snooze Shade cot cover. The principal was the same as the buggy cover but except for the cot or travel cot.

Well, I am very happy to say that I LOVE this travel cot cover. It's really easy to place over the cot and we even managed to rig the baby video camera up underneath without it letting in extra light. It's lightweight and packs into a small and compact travel bag making it the ideal travel companion to keep your sleep on schedule!


The RRP starts at £54.99 upwards and is available via Amazon.

It might seem expensive on the face of it, but the quality of the product teamed with the fact that you can keep your sleep schedule on track and if that's as important to you as it is for me its well worth every penny!

This Surrey Mummy x

The Snooze Shade travel cot was given to me for the purpose of this review but all the opinions in the above article are my own.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig