Thursday 25 February 2016

This Surrey Mummy's Mother's Day Gift Guide...

Mother's Day is on March 6th this year and is a great way of saying "thanks" to that special lady in your life.

You know the one that went through nine months of back pain, sleepless nights, possibly hours and hours of excruciating pain to deliver you into this world only for you to twenty odd years later rock up on her doorstep with your children in seek of a bit of sanity and a cup of tea? Yup, that Mum.

I've compiled a gift guide of loveliness that I think any woman would love as a token of thanks, Tom take note!!


Under £15

 First up are a couple personal favorites of mine from Cath Kidston. I'm a total sucker for a mug with "Mum" or "Mummy" on it and given they are gifted to me by my children. The below image was one I took shortly after Tom had presented me with a cuppa and a lovely slice of strawberry cake, let's be honest, cake tastes great but I can assure you it tastes even better when eaten off a cake plate!! These two will set you back in total just over £11 but team that with a homemade cake, cup of tea and a bunch of supermarket flowers you can make mum's day for under £15!

Hydrangea Grace Mug - £6.50, Highgate Ditsy Side Plate - £5.00

Under £20

I don't know about your mum, but my mum LOVES jewellery, the sparklier the better. Why not check out the latest collection from Stella and Dot. I've spied these lovely Nancy Peach studs at a snip at just £19!

Nancy Peach studs - £19

There is a little gift shop in Cobham that my friend Jocelyn runs called Evie Loves Toast (they also have a Wimbledon village shop too) and it's a little shop where I challenge you to walk in and NOT buy something, there really is something for every budget! I love these make up bags, I own one myself but who wouldn't love to receive one with this message on it?? They also have loads of other super cute messages so you are bound to find one to suit your mum!

Best Mummy Like. Ever. make up bag - £12.99

Under £30

I love nothing more than being warm and snuggly and despite our days getting longer the nights do still tend to have a bit of a chill to them so what better way to hop into bed than wearing luxury cashmere socks on your tootsies?? I love these ones from The White Company and they've now been reduced from £35.00 to £28.00 per pair it'd be rude not to!

Under £50

I love a signature scent. My mum got me Dior Miss Dior for Christmas the year before last and it's a timeless scent with its citrusy top notes featuring Sicilian mandarin and blood orange bring audacity and energy. The floral heart is a symphony combining the sensuality of Grasse rose with Grandiflorum jasmine. Indonesian Patchouli essence gives it sensual and contemporary sophistication. I love it and I'm sure after a couple of squirts you will too. 

Dior Miss Dior - £49.00

Under £100

Now isn't it funny that I can find LOADS for this price range?? Well here are my top picks for under £100.

There is no denying it, I am a HUGE fan of Emma Bridgewater with an ever growing collection in her design Pink Hearts so naturally I was delighted to see that she has brought out a DAB Radio in the Pink Hearts collection! Available exclusively through JohnLewis.com I would love to open this up on Mother's Day morning!

Exclusive to John Lewis - £79.00

As you all know I love Instagram and I am forever posting pictures but I am very conscious that I don't print them as much as I should nor do I have enough photos displayed of our happy times. Last year I embarked on a project of getting some of my Instagram photos framed and hung. I have only managed to frame and hang one so far but there are more in the process! If you like this idea then why not check out a similar idea over at Not On The High Street?

My homemade effort

Persoanlised Polaroid Prints from £55


I do hope that I've given you some ideas for treating your special lady but equally, us mums are fairly simple creatures. Let's be honest as mums here we'd all be happy with a cup of tea being made for us, someone to do the dinner, empty the dishwasher and pop a laundry load on, even if it is just for one day, but throw in a bunch of flowers and a card and there will be smiles all around!!

Much love,

Nathalie x

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig