Friday 19 February 2016

Going sugar free.....

It's been massively documented in the press lately the dangers of sugar. Lets be honest, it's not rocket science. Sugar is hidden EVERYWHERE.

I think it's fair to say that we were all suitably shocked when the press reported that some of our most loved high street coffee chains' beverages contained more sugar than a can of coke, I know I was.



It was when I was out for dinner with my NCT group that a girlfriend of mine started to explain that she had cut sugar from her diet and subsequently had more energy, clearer skin and generally felt better all round for it. I poo poo'd it at first but secretly deep down I craved more energy, clearer skin and to feel generally better all round. I mean how hard can it be? Could I do it? Could I say "see ya!" to my diet coke, my routine cups of tea, CAKE!!!! I could only but try.....

Well, I am embarking on 7 full days, starting NOW, without sugar, dairy or caffeine.


Now to be honest I am not sure what is going to be harder. Giving up caffeine (a habitual 6-7 cups of tea a day kinda gal) or sugar (I love cake, biscuits, chocolate, sweets - as my good friend Christine once said "we aren't at Slimming World because we've eaten too many vegetables")? Personally, I think they are going to be equally hard but the sugar probably wins. What is most concerning is that it's hidden in almost every single processed food, who knew it was even in milk (ok it's not sugar sugar but it's still a form). As my NCT friend said "It's all about resetting your blood sugar levels" and it's something I'm gonna have a jolly good crack at.

Preparation is clearly going to be key. I've been given a good website called The Kitchen Shed which has some really tasty looking recipes that I am going to try this week including slow cooker curried chicken which is definitely on this weeks menu plan.

Well, who knows, I might have failed massively by Sunday at 2pm but unless I try I won't know.

Will keep you posted!!

Nathalie x

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig