Thursday 11 February 2016

The Albert Arms, Esher - Great food with extra bubbles!

Last Thursday night, myself and my girlfriends descended on The Albert Arms in Esher.

Now, for anyone who lives in the area The Albert Arms is an institution in its own. Owned by the same family for over 40 years the pub has evolved from simple boozer to trendy, sophisticated hang out.



We arrived last Thursday night at 8ish and the place was buzzing. The bar area was a mix of professional business people interspersed with couples enjoying a rare night out and to the left of the bar the restaurant glistened with delicate tea lights adorning each immaculately dressed table.

We were shown to our table by a very helpful waitress who insisted that we order some Prosecco - I mean c'mon it was a Thursday night, it's pretty much the weekend so would be wrong to say no so we happily obliged.





The menu is printed on crisp white card and the starters are bound to get your taste buds going, the biggest challenge for me was choosing between the seared scallops and the chicken liver parfait, I went for the latter and I was so glad that I did. The rest of the girls dipped in and out of avocado, tomato and mozzarella salads, carpaccio and fresh calamari all of which looked utterly tempting.






After washing down our starters with a fine New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc it was onto ordering the main event. Now, I mentioned in my previous blog post that The Albert Arms is famous locally for its steaks, and dare I say it possibly the best steak and chips in Surrey? A bold statement I know but one that I think fits the bill.

I opted for the rib eye steak (£23.00) with a side order of green beans, new potatoes and Bearnaise sauce (obviously!) whilst the other girls opted for a mix of seabass and fillet steaks.



My steak was cooked exactly to my liking, medium, and it really was melt in the mouth and I enjoyed every single minute.

Now, I am usually ALWAYS a pudding girl but after two truly tummy satisfying course I had to admit defeat on the desert front!

The girls and I really enjoyed our evening out and look forward to going back with friends next week!

Do have a night out and try it for yourself, the new menu launches 15th February.

For reservations for breakfast, lunch or dinner, call Jonathan or Vicky on 01372 465 290.

Love,

Nathalie x

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig