Tuesday 23 February 2016

This Surrey Mummy bakes sugar free, gluten free, dairy free blueberry coconut muffins...

So, as you know I am a HUGE baker - there is not a week in our house which passes where I haven't knocked up something sweet and delicious so this going sugar free lark was always going to be more of a challenge. 

 

With a day off work I decided that I would try and bake a sweet treat. I scoured the internet and came across one from the I Quit Sugar site.  They turned out ok. Next time I will probably add a little more coconut flour as they came out a little moist but nevertheless they were very sweet and that was even with me leaving out the rice malt syrup as I could not get my mitts on any at the local health food shop. They smell gorgeously coconutty without being too overpowering. They were only in for 25 or so minutes and I wondered whether if I had kept them in a little longer the excess moisture would have reduced, who knows. 

Well here's how you make them and what you need...


Ingredients

  • eggs.
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
  • 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup.
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
  • 3/4 cups coconut milk.
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted.
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for topping.

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease a six-hole muffin tray with coconut oil or line with baking paper. 

2. Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, vanilla and coconut milk together in a mixing bowl. Stir through the remaining ingredients. 

3. Scoop the mixture evenly between the muffin holes and push a few more blueberries on top. Place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
Before

After


Do give them a try - they really are VERY simple to make and I am sure given another attempt I will get them spot on!

Lots of love, 

Nathalie x 

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig