Friday 9 October 2015

A Babychinno Machine And All Those Other I Can't Live Without Items...

Following on from one of my earlier posts, here is part deux of all of those baby and mummy related items I simply can't live without!

First up has to be one of my all time favourite baby buys and one that I have raved about like a preacher spreading the good word of the Lord! Let me introduce you to The Babychinno machine, also known as the Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Perfect Prep Machine. This lifesaving machine does all the hard work of preparing a bottle of formula milk for you. It makes a fresh bottle at just the right serving temperature in less than two minutes, even the best baristas in Starbucks would struggle to do that! 




It's been ingeniously designed to make preparing formula bottles quicker and more accurate. "Why not just heat the water from the kettle and make the bottle yourself" I hear you say. Well, naturally yes you can do that and the guidance from the NHS is this and I kid you not!...
  • Step 1 Fill the kettle with at least 1 litre of fresh tap water (don’t use water that has been boiled before).
  • Step 2 Boil the water. Then leave the water to cool for no more than 30 minutes, so that it remains at a temperature of at least 70C.
  • Step 3 Clean and disinfect the surface you are going to use.
  • Step 4 It’s very important that you wash your hands.
  • Step 5 If you are using a cold-water steriliser, shake off any excess solution from the bottle and the teat, or rinse the bottle with cooled boiled water from the kettle (not tap water).
  • Step 6 Stand the bottle on a clean surface.
  • Step 7 Keep the teat and cap on the upturned lid of the steriliser. Avoid putting them on the work surface.
  • Step 8 Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and pour the amount of water you need into the bottle. Double check that the water level is correct. Always put the water in the bottle first, while it is still hot, before adding the powdered infant formula.
  • Step 9 Loosely fill the scoop with formula, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and level it off using either the flat edge of a clean, dry knife or the leveller provided. Different tins of formula come with different scoops. Make sure you only use the scoop that is enclosed with the powdered infant formula you are using.
  • Step 10 Holding the edge of the teat, put it on the bottle. Then screw the retaining ring onto the bottle.
  • Step 11 Cover the teat with the cap and shake the bottle until the powder is dissolved.
  • Step 12 It's important to cool the formula so it's not too hot to drink. Do this by holding the bottom half of the bottle under cold running water. Make sure the water does not touch the cap covering the teat.
  • Step 13 Test the temperature of the formula on the inside of your wrist before giving it to your baby. It should be body temperature, which means it should feel warm or cool, but not hot.
  • Step 14 If there is any made-up formula left after a feed, throw it away.
Yup, this is great, however, many of us have done this or at least attempted to do and more often with a screaming baby at 3.30 am whilst your standing there like a muppet waiting fir the kettle to cool down? Well trust me, this machine will be the answer to your prayers! It has to be hands down one of the best pieces of kit that I've invested in for my spare heir. It usually retails at £119.99 but I have seen it as cheap as £50.00 during Black Friday last year so keep an eye out for a bargain! 

Next up is a techy one. The Total Baby App was first introduced to me by my good friend Zoe who has used it with both her kids. Functions like, the ability to remember what boob you last fed off (a simple thing that one would manage to remember but strangely enough difficult to remember when you're sleep deprived) to logging sleep times and how much formula your little cherub had drunk was key and still is to me when trying to nail down a baby routine. 
I adore this app and to this day still use it daily with Hector.

Finally for this installment are my beloved Snooze Shades that I have for both my buggy and more recently thanks to my gorgeous NCT group, the one for my car seat. 
Originally purchased with my first born, Charlie
available here via Amazon
Purchased for me by my lovely NCT group
available here via Amazon

I took the buggy shade to Cannes with me recently and it helped massively keep Hector's lunchtime nap in place and also meant that I was able to enjoy a peaceful dinner with him sleeping soundly away. I am off to St. Ives for half term and am looking forward to using my new Snooze Shade Travel Cot and will let you know what I think once I've used it. 

And finally, how many times have you turned around to check on your little prince or princess in the back of the car and nearly done yourself an injury by craning your neck?? Well the simple design of a mirror solved that for us. 

We opted for the Little Tikes Seat Back Mirror which I purchased from Amazon for £9.99. Super easy to clip on I even did it without asking Tom is was that easy and a lovely big round mirror to see Mr Gummy smiling back at me! Problem solved!

That's all for now, 

This Surrey Mummy x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig