Sunday 22 January 2017

This Surrey Mummy Gets Romantic With Chapel Lane...

A couple of weeks ago I was scouring Instagram searching for local hashtags such as "Cobham", "Surrey" my usual search in seek of new Insta peeps to follow when I came across this account.

It belonged to the lovely Jenna who is the proud (and rightly so) owner of Chapel Lane an events, styling and brand management company based in Hersham who's aim is to create bespoke experiences to celebrate life's special moments - I was hooked.

I thought that she might be the ideal person to help me plan or at least inspire in the right direction for Charlie's birthday party so I got in touch.

After a few messages she kindly invited me to take part in one of her "workshops" - this one was entitled "The Romantic Dinner For Two" - I will be honest I was sceptical. A) I'm not overly keen on intimate dinners for Tom and I and B) my level of romance was getting excited at the prospect of Valentine's Day falling on a Tuesday which always means Dominos Two for Tuesday in our house - that is my kind of romance.

That said, I was interested and having looked at her Insta page if I could walk away with a few style tips whilst getting suitably merry on bubbles and stuffing my face with food - who was I to say "sorry I'm busy"?



So, yesterday afternoon I trotted off to Chapel Lane HQ in search of bubbles, style, food and obviously romance!

I was greeted by Jenna a gorgeous girl with a twang of an Aussie accent from days gone by and was introduced to the other romance seekers and Simon from Surrey Hills Butchers.

We were talked through how to set the scene using High Street tableware and to "always buy the best produce you can afford" and to enjoy it all when you are entertaining.

What I loved was that the menu she served the majority could be made ahead of time leaving you more time to get romantic and also that a lot of it was jazzed up shop bought items - think Cook but taken to the next level and you are half way there!

Photo credit - Chapel Lane


We chatted. We ate. We drank. We chatted some more. We drank some more. The environment was relaxed and chilled. Simon from Surrey Hills demo'd how to fillet a steak - it was like poetry in motion watching him - he is a master. That said I am not sure I could personally fillet a steak so I would trot to his shop in Oxshott and get him to do it for me!

I don't want to give too much away but it was such an enjoyable four hours on a dreary Saturday afternoon and I have come away maybe not romantic but very much inspired!!

Here are some photos from Karen Armstrong Photography to give you a taster. 







Jenna is holding this workshop again on Saturday 4th February from 2-5pm and the cost is £60 per person and includes all your food, bubbles and style tips and take homes - click here to book your place.

I can't wait for the next one!

Love,

Nathalie x


Disclaimer: Jenna invited me along to sample the workshop but all the opinions are entirely my own. 
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig