Wednesday 22 June 2016

Charlie's Summer Camps...


The summer holidays are just around the corner - can you believe that? I feel as though I've just polished off the last Easter egg, closed my eyes and now it's actually here - like next Friday here.

Whilst many parents will have an extra couple of weeks to play with, Charlie is at an independent school where the holidays are ludicrously long (although Tom is too in an independent school too and will fiercely argue this - I'm not entirely sure why, maybe he's forgotten he has the kids ALL SUMMER LONG!!) , I believe it's just shy of nine weeks and they start NEXT FRIDAY!!

Bloody hell. How an earth am I going to put on an entertainments package worthy enough to keep the little darlings entertained without sending me bankrupt by August bank holiday or selling the kids off on ebay to the lowest bidder? Whilst I am looking forward to not have to face the daily school run the thought of the summer holidays does make me break out in a small sweat and I know I am not alone in my thoughts.

    

 
Well, I am of the school of thought that I don't really believe the kids need to be in camps all summer - that said Charlie is a child that thrives when stimulated so kids camps do offer this. Next year we start school properly so I am conscious that he will also need a decent amount of time to recoup the batteries and likewise the holidays are holidays for a reason so there also needs to be time where we as a family are not burning our batteries out from early starts and running the kids from camp to camp. There has to be a balance.

So, I thought I would share with you the summer camps I've signed him up to!

As you will know we are HUGE fans of The Little Gym Cobham and was delighted to hear that despite being newly opened they too will be offering half day camps throughout the summer. Hoorah! Charlie has now been there for just under a term and has built up a great rapour with the staff there so he jumped at the chance when I asked if he wanted to do that camp. The kids camp work in two slots 9.30-12.30 and 13.30-16.30 so you can pick which slots suits your little one best. I booked his camps yesterday at his class and they were filling up quickly so give the guys a call and book your place to avoid disappointment!




Charlie has recently started tennis lessons at AD Tennis at Reed's School in Cobham. His Sunday morning lessons have started to give him the basic skills and confidence with a racket and ball. If you are not overly keen on them being out all morning then AD Tennis also offer a tennis "camp" where for £39 you can have 5 half hour lessons Monday - Friday - more information here. It's a great bonus "camp" and will keep his skills up over the summer.



As well as tennis and The Little Gym we also plan to get the most out of our memberships that we hold at Hobbledown, National Trust and The Historic Royal Palaces.

How are you planning on entertaining your little darlings this summer - would love to know, maybe you can give me some ideas?

Nathalie x
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig