Wednesday 29 March 2017

My Food Cupboard Rice Krispie Cake...

I love baking and the kids love to bake with me and I always find that it's the most simplest of recipes that go down the best.

One teatime treat that reminds me fondly of my childhood is Rice Krispie cakes. Now, whilst many will make them with melted chocolate for me they are too sweet that way (I know can barely believe I am saying it!) but over the years of trialling many recipes I think I have found the best way to make them!

I call this My Food Cupboard Rice Krispie Cake as I normally have all the ingredients knocking about it my cupboard!



What you'll need...

150g unsalted butter
150g golden syrup
1½ tbsp cocoa powder
Rice Krispies or supermarket brand (normally half or so of a small box)

How to make them...

1. On a low heat melt the butter and golden syrup in a pan until its all incorporated.

2. Once the butter and syrup has melted add the cocoa powder and whisk till you have a smooth brown sauce.

3. Add your Rice Krispies and stir until they are all covered in the chocolate.

4. Now, you can by all means use cupcake cases but I love to put it all into a loose bottomed cake tin. If you choose to do it this way simply tip it all in, press down and level off.

5. Pop into the fridge to firm up and cut into fat triangles!

As you can see I have melted some chocolate drizzled on top and finished off with Mini Eggs and Maltesers oh, the odd fluffy chick!

This is a really easy one to do with the kids and is my go to recipe when we have a last minute playdate and I am looking for a sweet afternoon treat!



Enjoy,

N x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig