Sunday 7 August 2016

This Surrey Mummy goes to the Natwest T20 Blast!

So, you might have seen on my Facebook recently page that I travelled to my first ever cricket match.

My blog would take me, Charlie, Tom, my nephews, niece, brother in law and sister in law, to the Kia Oval for Surrey vs Kent Natwest T20 Blast.


For cricket novices like myself I found myself googling exactly what T20 cricket was as I'm not sure I would have had the patience to sit through a lengthy test series. 

Well, luckily I found that T20 is typically a shorter match which usually lasts under 3 hours and is usually accompanied by fun filled intervals and music and is a guaranteed great family night out  - I was sold. 


When I told friends I was going to the T20 I was amazed to hear how many people were going too, apparently it's quite the family event! 


We ventured to the rather sparkly Kia Oval, only half an hour on the train from us, where it had an almost festival vibe, lots of quirky food stands and drinks being drunk out of plastic glasses adorned with pictures of what I assume were well known cricket players. 



My sister in law is a keen T20 fan and being a Kent supporter she filled me in briefly with the rules and a rough outline of what the game involved. Pimms in hand (yes it's quite sophisticated) and Charlie brandishing a blow up cricket bat, it was game on!




The game was fast paced and there wasn't even a chance for even a first timer like me to get bored as before we knew it it was "how's that" and all over with Surrey stoking victory over their Kentish competitors! 

It really was a really fun filled family night out!



Thanks to Surrey Cricket, Natwest and Kia  for having us we would love to come again! 

Huge photo credits and thanks also to my brother in law, James from James Heming Photography for being my official blog photographer for the evening! 







If you fancy a bit of T20 yourself why not head to the Kia Oval for Family Day (tickets available here), a day which is sure to give you an excellent introduction to cricket and also great fun for all ages! 

Nathalie X 
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig