Tuesday 10 May 2016

Present Shopping For Hector's 1st Birthday In Association With Quidco High Street Cashback...

I cannot actually believe that this time next week I will have a one year old on my hands. Er....where did that year go??

Having gone back to work and now having Charlie to look after also, Hector is most definitely suffering from "second child syndrome". For Charlie's 1st birthday we threw a fantastic Disney themed birthday party with all our friends, in comparison for Hector's we are having his three closest baby friends over with their mums and dads, who also just happen to be two of my best mates and my sister in law for bacon sarnies and a slice of cake. Poor poppet, never mind he won't remember anyway!



One thing that I did want to do was to get him some new toys, not hand me downs that we have dug out and dusted down from the loft but some brand new ones just for him.

I have this thing about online shopping, whilst I love it for my weekly food shop saving me tons of time and my sanity there is something nice about going shopping and perusing for a while contemplating what to purchase next.

Last weekend we went in seek of birthday pressies for the spare heir. Naturally, we headed to the mecca of the baby and preschooler world, The Early Learning Centre. Lots of friends of ours had the Happyland range so thought that this range would be the perfect range for Hector as we never had it with Charlie.




Now, as you know, I LOVE to save money so before we left I checked my Quidco app on my iPhone to see if there were any cheeky cashback offers when I shopped instore and I was in luck, 3% cash back - yes please! I activated the offer and off we went!



We popped the boys in the trolley and perused the isles....






There is so much to choose from but in the end opted for a few pieces that Charlie insisted that Hector would love, nothing to do with the fact that he said "I like that" to most of it!!




We were also chuffed to find the Light and Sound Drum (£15) that our childminder Peter advised us was one of Hector's favourite things to play with so that obviously had to go into the trolley!



I opted to pay by Visa in order to get my instore cashback which was instantly tracked on line and on my app. 


Now, whilst £1.53 might not look like an awful lot, as you can see on the right hand corner by using Quidco for my everyday online purchases I have earnt over £300 shopping at the same stores i would usually shop at but by checking with Quidco first!

Well, as the birthday boy's big day approaches there is lots more to do including wrapping and not to mention THE CAKE!!

Big love
Nathalie x








SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig