Friday 4 March 2016

The Easter Bunny is on his way....

With less than three weeks until one of my favourite weekends of all time. Easter weekend. Four whole glorious chocolate, family, hot cross bun and roast lamb filled days.

I love the fact that all the shops are closed on Easter Sunday. It means there really is no Sunday like it. The clocks go back this weekend too which signals longer brighter days too - sheer bliss.

The Easter breakfast table from two Easters back when we spent the weekend at my sister in law's in Kent


I grew up in a Scandinavian household with a German grandmother who always decorates her house beautifully with imported Easter trinkets and every Easter Friday growing up my auntie Fiona (who incidentally is only eleven years older than me and is more like a sister) would decorate delicate eggs for the table display. Now, as a parent this is a seasonal tradition that I would like to hand down to my children and Fiona, ALWAYS goes to town with her decorations over the Easter weekend and it really adds a special something to an already really special weekend.

A typical Easter table decorated by my auntie

These chicks are so cute and can be reused year after year



Last week on my day off whilst Hector slept I dug out the "Spring" box. This is a big plastic box filled with all manner of Spring and Easter paraphernalia including hundreds of plastic eggs and ropey yet adorable fluffy looking chickens.


I dug out one of my most versatile decorations - my white twig tree. This is one I got from Hobbycraft a couple of years ago and is used for hanging Christmas decorations as well as Spring decorations. Every year I buy a new packet of hanging decorations to add to it.



Over the next couple of weeks I will be looking for more decorations to add to my Spring box and will keep you updated on how you too can bring some spring love into your home all in time for Easter. 

Lots of love

Nathalie x


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig